Benefits of Membership in BCNG
There are many advantages to joining BCNG. As a member of BCNG you are also a member of EAC and have access to all that both guilds have to offer. Membership fees are $60.00 per year with $40.00 going to EAC and $20.00 staying with BCNG.
Being a member allows you to spend time with other who understand and share your passion for needlework and your need to keep adding to your stash!
What do you get as a member?
- Two newsletters – BCNG’s newsletter, Forever Stitching and EAC’s newsletter Embroidery Canada. Both are published four times a year.
- Access to both BCNG and EAC libraries of books and magazines related to stitching.
- Opportunities to learn more – BCNG offers one major workshop and 2 mini workshops on a variety of stitching techniques each year. EAC has a variety of correspondence courses you can do on your own or as part of a group.
- Each year EAC offers a seminar in the spring. There are two-day and four-day classes taught by instructors from around North America. It’s an opportunity to meet fellow stitchers from across the country and learn new stitching techniques. Seminar locations alternate between western and eastern Canada.
- Stitch-ins – BCNG hosts several stitch-ins. There is one on Tuesday afternoons and another on Thursday evenings, both of which run throughout the year. We also offer an all-day stitch-in one Saturday a month from September to June (except December). Stitch-ins are a time to work on a project of your choice and if you are having trouble there will be someone who can help you.
- Retreat – once a year we have a weekend retreat in conjunction with the Regina Stitchery Guild at St. Michael’s Retreat in Lumsden. It’s a relaxing weekend of stitching, stitching and more stitching with good food and good company.